Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I Value

Hello out there in the blogosphere! I want to spend this first post explaining what I will blog about.

Politics, philosophy, and sports are the three areas that will receive the most time on this blog, in that order. Hopefully, my writing will be transparent and eloquent enough to explain clearly my views on the role of a limited government, and individual liberty. Sometimes, I may review a book, praise a philosophical idea, or criticize one. Also, I am an avid sports enthusiast, especially in basketball and baseball.

I will not write frilly articles that are merely "feel good" or opinion pieces. Everything you read will be inter-textually cited, which means you will be able to go to an original source and see where I derived my information or quotes. In other words, I will not be like Media Matters, a website that misquotes and removes context in their inflammatory rhetoric.

Since this is a first point, I have tried to write "straight laced" and without sarcasm. Future entries will feature sarcasm, allusions, and references. However, for your benefit, I will link allusions as best as possible, so that everyone can understand. While I may be able to quote Shakespeare off hand, others may be able to reference Einstein in a way I would not understand; therefore, such allusions will only be used when they make a point more clear, not simply to show that I know a quote.

Thank you for reading! Please leave comments and facilitate debate. Please, when you disagree with me, explain why. I could very well be wrong about an issue, and I enjoy learning the truth, not just the facade of believing I am right because nobody expresses disagreement.

Thank you for your readership!

No comments: